Wednesday, May 3, 2017

So old Prague is

Despite the windows not sealing properly, and the hotel being on a major road we all slept pretty well.  We have breakfast included in our room rate so we took off downstairs to see what was on offer.  When I say downstairs I actually mean underground! This place used to be a townhouse that some famous revolutionary poet visited during the revolution before he took off to Italy in exile.  There seems to be 7 floors above ground level, but you walk out of the lift and go up or down to the next floor (we get out at 6 but walk down a flight of stairs, so I guess were staying on floor 5.5).

Tony wasn't feeling that well today - probably from the rich food we've been eating so we chose a quiet day again.  Suited me fine as I seemed to want to sleep all morning - so that's what I did.  Around lunchtime Nate and I went for a bit of an explore to find something to eat.  We settled on premade rolls from one of the multitude of little mini market shops on our strip.

pretty fountain
its a toilet that looks like a hybrid postbox/phone box
 
the local church

love baroque architecture

lots of buildings with spires

not sure where you would be taking a BMW M4 that you need to have it in matt camo paint

they really love their cakes here - this assortment was about $2 worth

We spent the afternoon watching movies and I slept some more.  We opted to go to the same pub for dinner and we had another great meal.  I had schnitzel, Tony had a devilled sausage with fresh horseradish and Nate had a burger which was to die for.

fresh horseradish was special

best burger ever contender
lucky it wasnt really a"BIG schnitzel"
Before I forget, this place seems to be a little stuck in the 90's.  The fashion is acid wash jeans and very old styled jackets. We watched a bit of  local TV and that too was old.  They're also not very warm people - they dont smile and you dont get much friendliness out of any of them.  We had the same waitress for dinner and it was like the first time she saw us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment